Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
vintagesnowmobile.com
07/28/14 at 1:25pm

Home Classifieds Brut Info Show Pics SearchLoginRegisterHelp Gene's Salvage Red River Snowmobile Club  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1964 Polaris Comet - engine under hood (Read 1239 times)
bsten

Show the link to this post 1964 Polaris Comet - engine under hood
11/04/04 at 7:21pm

Hey guys, I have been searching around, not a lot of info on these, but saw one place where they said they recalled them and made them rear engine models for 65? I am pretty sure it is a 64, could not see the tag, but I know it's close. I will be picking it up on Sat. it has been sitting outside, so she's not perfect, and is also missing motor. Anyone have any info, thanks!

IP Logged
buffalokat
100 or more posts

buffalo ny
Show the link to this post Re: 1964 Polaris Comet - engine under hood
Reply #1 - 09/30/08 at 5:49am

Hi,There is a guy in ny that has a 64 front engine,its small,but he has a story on it that tells of the recall,I see him at swaps and will take a pic of it and forward it when I see him again,buffalokat

View Profile kressco123   IP Logged
rustysleds
50 or less

Fair Haven, MN
Show the link to this post Re: 1964 Polaris Comet - engine under hood
Reply #2 - 12/08/08 at 6:03pm

Hi Guys

Some of that info is a myth

They did recall the comets in 1964 but most were junked "stripped of there parts" some were refitted with updated tracks and kept by there owners
Freinds of mine have said they used to see a couple hundred of those chassis sitting in a field behind polaris for years untill they were finaily scraped

They did have a bunch of parts that never got built into comets they used these parts to build the 1965 super pacer rear engine machines
to use up the parts that were left over they also built the 1965 Polaris LIL Andy using the tracks from the comet this was the year they also introduced the 1965 Polars mustang this was what saved the company from bankrupsy.

Kevin...

View Profile rustysleds   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print