Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
vintagesnowmobile.com
09/02/14 at 8:54am

Home Classifieds Brut Info Show Pics SearchLoginRegisterHelp Gene's Salvage Red River Snowmobile Club  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1978 Yamaha Enticer 250 Track Size??? (Read 2475 times)
Paulver
50 or less

Ellwood Ctiy, PA 16117
Show the link to this post 1978 Yamaha Enticer 250 Track Size???
01/21/10 at 5:33pm

Does anyone know the correct track size for a 1978 Enticer 250? Both of my repair manuals list only the width, which is 15". At this point, I don't want to take the track off  to find out, if I don't have to. I'm considering a temporary repair to the track that's on it, but some of the guys have mentioned to me some of the possible "outcomes" of such a repair. For me it's not a big problem, but this sled is for my eight year old daughter, and I don't want to put her in harms way, in any way, shape or form. If I could find a good used one at a fair price, I'd consider that, too.

Thanks.

Paul

View Profile   IP Logged
OLDArcticCatDealer
50 or less

Show the link to this post Re: 1978 Yamaha Enticer 250 Track Size???
Reply #1 - 01/26/10 at 1:44pm

Hi Paul,

I understand your concern.  When a track comes apart, if it wraps up underneath, it can be a real bummer for the rider!  I wouldn't want my daughter in that situation either.

I have a brand new, never used NOS (New Old Stock) Yamaha track for a 1978 Yamaha Enticer 250.  It is dirty from sitting in the storage room for years, but brand new.  I was thinking about pressure washing it to make it show better.

I just posted it on craigslist for $250.00.  I'm guessing I could ship it to you for around $20.00 - $25.00.  I'm going to try to insert a link to the CL posting so you can see all the pics.  If you'd like, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them directly.  

Marked Part #: 8R4-47110-00  The track is 15" wide, and ~95".

There are 23 drive bars and the distance center-to-center of those is ~ 4 1/8"; so 23 x 4.125= 94.875.  Try measuring yours that way.

If you look carefully at the side picture of the track in the posting, you can count the 23 drive bars in the picture, and like I said, the distance between these is ~ 4 1/8". The size of the "window openings" in the last picture are 3" x 1 5/8".

http://albany.craigslist.org/rvs/1571258127.html

Jim

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print