Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
vintagesnowmobile.com
02/21/17 at 3:04pm

Art's Parts Home Jim Solberg's Vintage Snowmobiles Classifieds Bruts on Facebook Brut Info Show Pics SearchLoginRegisterHelp Gene's Salvage  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O.S. CCW Pistons (Read 2986 times)
seacoastrupp
50 or less

Show the link to this post O.S. CCW Pistons
01/20/12 at 7:00pm

Were can I get a pair or o.s 440 ccw pistons,  ???
Does anyone have any in thier stash ???

View Profile   IP Logged
RIC4001
Forum Moderator

Ashland, WI
Show the link to this post Re: O.S. CCW Pistons
Reply #1 - 01/23/12 at 11:19am

Since this is a Scorpion forum, I'm assuming you are looking for piston port 440 CCW pistons. They are harder to find than the 400's, but I do see some come up for sale occasionally. Do a google and ebay search, you should be able to come up with a pair.

Pistons for the reed valve 440's are widely available and what you'll find the most of, so make sure you're getting the right ones.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
seacoastrupp
50 or less

Reply #2 - 01/23/12 at 11:30am

Thanks for the advice Ric, The motor came out of a super stinger, prob. a 72 ish. has one piston bunt down and it looks like it could use a bit of cyl cleaning up.

View Profile   IP Logged
Earl
Forum Administrator

DRIVER: Roger Ebert

grand forks
Reply #3 - 01/29/12 at 9:29pm

Summer Ride: 69 Roadrunner 440 6BBl, 727 Auto, 3:55, Sublime Green.
View Profile   IP Logged
seacoastrupp
50 or less

Reply #4 - 03/16/12 at 9:03pm

RIC, wrote:Since this is a Scorpion forum, I'm assuming you are looking for piston port 440 CCW pistons. They are harder to find than the 400's, but I do see some come up for sale occasionally. Do a google and ebay search, you should be able to come up with a pair.

Pistons for the reed valve 440's are widely available and what you'll find the most of, so make sure you're getting the right ones.

Clutch on this motor got me woundering???? Not a Scorpion clutch, salisbury 800,,,,  hhmmmm asked guy I got the scorpion from. Says he transplanted the motor in it. It came out of a Raider, is a port motor not reed. So,,, well I am in the wrong forum, I will explain were I am going with this..   Is it the same motor a scorpion ran?? and the motor is going in a Moto Jet....   alright not scorpion,
but was in one at one time .... Bear with me a bit on this one I am a Rupp Guy      

View Profile   IP Logged
RIC4001
Forum Moderator

Ashland, WI
Reply #5 - 03/17/12 at 9:16pm

seacoastrupp wrote on 03/16/12 at 9:03pm:
Is it the same motor a scorpion ran??

To the best of my knowledge, Scorpion never used a 440 CCW. Boat loads of 400's and some 340's and 290's.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
chapifs
50 or less

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 07/04/12 at 11:29am

RIC4001 wrote on 03/17/12 at 9:16pm:
seacoastrupp wrote on 03/16/12 at 9:03pm:
Is it the same motor a scorpion ran??

To the best of my knowledge, Scorpion never used a 440 CCW. Boat loads of 400's and some 340's and 290's.

Scorpion did use a 440 CCW piston port engine in 1971 on the Stinger models. Our local dealer had two of them in the showroom. Not trying to be the authority, just telling you what I saw.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print