Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
vintagesnowmobile.com
11/17/17 at 3:32pm

Art's Parts Home Jim Solberg's Vintage Snowmobiles Classifieds Bruts on Facebook Brut Info Show Pics SearchLoginRegisterHelp Gene's Salvage  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New owner of 80 skidoo blizzard 7500 + (Read 46 times)
80blizzard7500plus
50 or less

Show the link to this post New owner of 80 skidoo blizzard 7500 +
11/02/17 at 10:02pm

Hello thanks for the add to the group I am new to the world of snowmobiles and new owner of a 1980 skidoo blizzard 7500+
Any help or †advice would be greatly appreciated †only one problem Iíve had with it lately can you not get it to run at all with the airbox

View Profile   IP Logged
restomajic
Forum Moderator

Vintage Rules!
Modern sleds DROOL
!!

Central NY
Show the link to this post Re: New owner of 80 skidoo blizzard 7500 +
Reply #1 - 11/05/17 at 5:41am

Many times when people start to have problems the carbs they remove the airbox to access the carbs. Just doing this can change the fuel air ratio and the sled may actually run better. So I suspect that your carbs may need a good cleaning.

Another thing that may be possible if the sled has a history of being raced, racers often remove airboxes to make quick access to the carbs possible. They then start rejetting for increased performance and this will make it impossible for the sled to run with the airbox reinstalled.

Restomajic
Visit my Ski Whiz site at: http://vintagesleds.com/skiwhizrescue/
skiwhizrescue1@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
80blizzard7500plus
50 or less

Show the link to this post Re: New owner of 80 skidoo blizzard 7500 +
Reply #2 - 11/05/17 at 7:01am

Donít know the history but Iíll probably run with out the air box, also thinking of getting a set of air horns with screening

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print